Enter our horse show…
We would like to announce that the Horse Show will be returning in 2020.
All class entry fees are £8 on the day and £7 in advance.
Entry fees are cash only on show day. Sorry no cheques on show day. Please check our website and Facebook page for up to date weather decisions on showday.
Please contact us for further information.
Rules & conditions
- Entries accepted at riders / handlers risk.
- The organisers or its officials cannot be responsible for damage loss or injury to persons, property or animals due to accident or any other cause.
- All horses or ponies must be four years old or over if ridden on the showground.
- Horses or ponies must not be left unattended tied to lorries/trailers on the lorry park.
- Any objection must be made in writing with £20 deposit to be forfeited if the objection is not upheld, or is frivolous.
- All junior competitors 18 years and under must wear a correctly secured current British standard riding hat whilst mounted or in hand.
- Earrings or facial piercings must not be worn.
- Chaps are not permitted.
- No running martingales or draw reins to be worn.
- Riders must have attained their 3rd birthday.
- All ages of horses/ponies and children are taken as of the 1st January 2019 unless stated otherwise, for example not to have attained birthday by 1st January 2019.
- In lead rein classes the lead must be attached to the nose band only. Snaffle bits only.
- No galloping on the showground except as required by the judge.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- The show operates a zero abuse tolerance level, any offenders will be asked to leave the showground and no financial reimbursements made.
Health Safety & Welfare
The organisers of this event have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective everyone must take reasonable precaution to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers, officials and stewards.
The organisers cannot be held responsible for the clashing of classes. However competitors are advised to monitor class timings and liaise with the ring steward and judges to perform individual shows early in order to enter another ring. Late entry into a ring is at the discretion of the judge. Competitors must be present for the final walk round to be placed.
Please adhere to steward’s instructions when moving or parking lorries. The ground is very uneven and the best routes have been identified and marked. If extreme weather conditions have been experienced in the 7 days prior to the show we have the right to cancel the horse show section. Some of the main ring attractions include loud bangs this year, notices will be given over the loudspeaker system, classes may be temporarily stood down and horse boxes must be attended for safety.
PLEASE NOTE: no cars will be allowed onto the main showground and spectators will be expected to pay the normal admission rates unless exceptional circumstances and prior arrangements are made with the horse show secretary.